nedit 5.4 and 5.5 - locale not supported problem

Ireneusz R. Janiszewski nospam.janiszew@web.de
Sun Jun 5 08:49:00 GMT 2005

Thank you for answer Gary :-)
The nedit 5.3 is probably not from cygwin distribution, but I don't know
from where I downloaded it a few years ago. Probably at that time the
nedit was not yet distributed as a cygwin package.
Do you have any idea how I could start running the nedit 5.5 with locale
support, i.e. how to patch/recompile current sources to be linked as in
version 5.3?

For the nedit 5.3 cygcheck says:

$ cygcheck nedit
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\nedit.exe
C:/cygwin/bin/nedit.exe
   C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\libICE.dll
     C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
       C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
   C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\libSM.dll
   C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\libX11.dll

For the nedit 5.5 cygcheck says (after about 30sek.):

$ cygcheck nedit55
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\nedit55.exe
C:/cygwin/bin/nedit55.exe
   C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygX11-6.dll
     C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
       C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
         C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
   C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXm-2.dll
     C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXft-2.dll
       C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXrender-1.dll
       C:\cygwin\bin\cygfontconfig-1.dll
         C:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-0.dll
         C:\cygwin\bin\cygfreetype-6.dll
           C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
     C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXp-6.dll
       C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXext-6.dll
     C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXt-6.dll
       C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygICE-6.dll
       C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygSM-6.dll

Some more information about nedit 5.3, which I use.

$ nedit -V
NEdit 5.3
Jun 1, 2002

     Built on: Unknown, x86, GNU C