Compiling memtest from sources on cygwin

alexeik@nordlines.ru alexeik@nordlines.ru
Sun Jun 19 14:28:00 GMT 2005

Hi, Gurus.

I try to make memtest86 from sources on cygwin and have the following error:

$ make
as -32 -o head.o head.s
head.s: Assembler messages:
head.s:623: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
head.s:694: Error: can't handle non absolute segment in `ljmp'
head.s:917: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
head.s:923: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
head.s:929: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.previous'
make: *** [head.o] Error 1

I suspect, that this is not right forum to ask, but I do not know where
to look for the answer. My question is: what is '.previous' pseudo-op,
and where should I look for assembler (GNU?) documentation.

Sorry again if I asked in a wrong forum.

Thank you for your time.

Alexei