More error level issues
Christopher Faylor
cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Mar 2 21:16:00 GMT 2005
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:58:22PM -0500, Brian Bruns wrote:
>On Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:45 PM [EST], Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-01/msg01382.html
>
>Yeah, I know of that post. I'm still _highly_ confused as to this -
>chalk it up to the fact I'm more used to dealing with return codes in
>Linux, so forgive my ignorance. I'm also not the greatest programmer
>in the world.
>
>Your telling me an exit code of 1 inside of cygwin (and Linux for that
>matter) is supposed to be considered as errorlevel 256 by Windows
>rather then 1? I'm sorry if I am not catching on here entirely of why
>this is.
The referenced message tells you exactly what you should expect at the
DOS prompt if a cygwin program exits with a status of "1", i.e., you
should expect a "256".
cgf
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list