Using -mno-cygwin flag

René Berber rberber@prodigy.net.mx
Wed May 4 17:07:00 GMT 2005

Sam Steingold wrote:
>>* Brian Dessent <oevna@qrffrag.arg> [2005-05-04 03:00:37 -0700]:
>>
>>-mno-cygwin does not just "make things that doesn't depend on the
>>cygwin DLL", it removes Cygwin from the equation entirely.
>

> this is very unfortunate, actually.
> things like berkeley-db, postgresql, pcre &c all have a native win32
> port, and it it a pity that -mno-cygwin does not use them.

But it can use them; any library that you have in dll form can be used by
creating a so called stub (.a) library that is used by gcc/g++/gcj to link to
the dll.  In fact, that's the way mingw links to the Windows system dll.

For the OP that means he needs to port the package he is trying to build.  By
port I mean search for required libraries and if all of them have already been
ported then just complete the mingw environment... this is a topic better
discused in a MingW list, but it's really easy.

Regards.
--
René Berber