Compiling Apache2 under Cygwin with .so support

Tod tod@madtoon.net
Wed Sep 28 14:51:00 GMT 2005

I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.54 under Cygwin.  I do this because I
like to keep the same configuration and file system organization to make
my build as portable as possbile under the different Unices I work with.

I like to compile apache with DSO support and all modules as shared
objects.  The compile seems to work fine but when I do the install all
the modules are named with either an .a or .la extension - I'm expecting
.so.  From various threads I've read there seems to be an issue with
libtool that contributes to this.

I tried the -no-undefined LDFLAGS option and the build failed on an
all-recursive libaprutil-0.la error.

What I'm wondering is if anyone got this to work correctly and if so
could provide some pointers to get it to work.  Incidentally mod_php,
and mySQL is next so advice there would be appreciated  too.  In fact if
there is an up to date CAMP howto document somewhere that would be helpful.

Thanks - Tod
---

uname -rvo - 1.5.18(0.132/4/2) 2005-07-02 20:30 Cygwin
apache v2.0.54
gcc 3.4.4
libtool 1.5.20