Compiling Apache2 under Cygwin with .so support

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Sep 28 18:14:00 GMT 2005

Tod wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.54 under Cygwin.  I do this because I
> like to keep the same configuration and file system organization to make
> my build as portable as possbile under the different Unices I work with.
>
> I like to compile apache with DSO support and all modules as shared
> objects.  The compile seems to work fine but when I do the install all
> the modules are named with either an .a or .la extension - I'm expecting
> .so.  From various threads I've read there seems to be an issue with
> libtool that contributes to this.
>
> I tried the -no-undefined LDFLAGS option and the build failed on an
> all-recursive libaprutil-0.la error.
>
> What I'm wondering is if anyone got this to work correctly and if so
> could provide some pointers to get it to work.

Have you not noticed that apache2 (with .so support) is available as an
official Cygwin package through setup.exe ??

> Incidentally mod_php,
> and mySQL is next so advice there would be appreciated  too.

I've got php5 to compile, but I've got a fair bit of work to do on it before
I can release an official package.

Max.