Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

René Berber r.berber@computer.org
Tue Apr 18 23:23:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:
[snip]
>>> Please make sure your mailer respects the Reply-To: header -- I set it
>>> for a reason.  Both Dave and I read the list regularly -- it was not
>>> necessary to Cc: us.

Practice what you preach.  You are also sending cc (to me at least), and you do
it all the time.

[snip]
>> Thanks for the note on not cc'ing you. I don't know how to reply to a
>> message if it doesn't come into my inbox. The messages I got from Dave and
>> from Rene earlier today only went to the list, and I can only see them by
>> looking at the archives.
>
> You can subscribe to the list, and all messages sent to the list will
> arrive in your inbox.

Or you can read the messages from a newsgroup reader, no need to subscribe.  I
use my regular email reader Thunderbird for this, connected to gmane.news; you
can reply directly from that setting.

[snip]
> So perl was not installed on your laptop.  When you attached the output of
> "cygcheck -svr", was that from the laptop or from the desktop?\

The output didn't show perl installed (in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/77022).

[snip]
> WinNT means NT-based Windows systems (which includes Win2k and WinXP).  At
> the top left of the console window frame there should be an icon.
> Clicking that icon brings up a menu (you can also get that menu by
> right-clicking on the console title bar).  The last item in that menu is
> "Properties" -- that's what the FAQ entry refers to.

But it's not there if you are using rxvt, only if you use the regular cmd window
(a.k.a. Command prompt).

Keep it simple people.
--
René Berber