ls: reading directory /cygdrive/c: No such file or directory

Michael Baierl mail@mbaierl.com
Thu Dec 21 10:00:00 GMT 2006

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Can you please run `strace -o ls.trace ls /cygdrive/c' and send the
> ls.trace file as attachment to your reply, together with the output
> of `cacls C:\\'?  This might help to figure out what happens.

Sure,
here we go.

bash-3.2$ cacls C:\\
C:\ BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
     NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
     CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
     BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R
     BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
                       FILE_APPEND_DATA

     BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(IO)(special access:)
                           FILE_WRITE_DATA

     Everyone:R

And yes, I know I should not work as Admin :)

Best regards,
Mike
--
Michael Baierl