1.5.21-1 - Crash on anything using cygwin1.dll

Thu Sep 28 04:14:00 GMT 2006

overlordq@gmail.com wrote:
> 1.5.21-1 - Crash on anything using cygwin1.dll
>

> Havent used Cygwin in a while, and then today I was trying to rm' a dir
> when I get this handy message:
>
> ===
> 5 [main] rm 5852 dll_crt0_1: internal error: couldn't determine location
> of thread function on stack.  Expect signal problems.
> ===
>
> Never saw that one before, so I try to open up the cygwin shell (which
> is bash).  Upon (attempting) to launch the shell with cygwin.bat, I get
> a crash.
>
> ===
> AppName: bash.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
> ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
> ===
>
> So I start reading the page on reporting bugs, and I see about cygcheck,
> so I decide to run that.  I notice it says: "If you can't run cygcheck
> for some reason (and why shouldn't you be able to? cygcheck is just a
> standard windows program which does not use the cygwin dll)"
>
> Well, I guess I'm not so lucky, it runs for a bit, then I get this
> handy-dandy crasher:
>
> ===
> AppName: cygcheck.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
> ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
> ===

'cygcheck' doesn't use 'cygwin1.dll' so I'm not sure that you have the
right info here.

> -and-
>
> ===
> AppName: id.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
> ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
> ===

'id' on the other hand does.

> Hurm, detecting a reoccuring pattern here.

Me too.

> So I completely uninstalled cygwin and tried reinstalling it.  It was
> fine till it got to the post-install scripts which gave me yet another:
>
> ===
> AppName: bash.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
> ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
> ===

Sounds to me a little like you have another copy of 'cygwin1.dll' on your
system that something is running.  Try searching for 'cygwin1.dll's

Holliston, MA 01746