dealing with spaces in paths

Morgan Gangwere 0.fractalus@gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:00:00 GMT 2007


On 1/11/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
> > "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:
> >
> >> homedir=`cygpath -w "$USERPROFILE"`
> >> mount -buf "$homedir" "$HOME"/myh
> >>
> >> This is recreated from memory because I don't have access to Cygwin now.
> >> But this is essentially what worked fine for me last night.  Note, the
> >> quote around USERPROFILE is important.
> >
> > How about simply:
> >
> > mount -buf "$(cygpath -w "$USERPROFILE")" "$HOME/myh"
>
> I see no reason that can't work as well.  But I wasn't attempting to
> change the style of the script.  I was just trying to point out why
> what the OP had wouldn't work well in the cases he described.  If the
> one-liner you propose above works for the OP's needs, I'd certainly
> recommend using it. :-)
>
> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746
>
> _____________________________________________________________________
>
> A: Yes.
>  > Q: Are you sure?
>  >> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>  >>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>

on ly machine, cygpath -w "$USERPROFILE it returs this:
$cygpath -w "$USERPROFILE
/cygdrive/c/Documents And Settings/User/
unescaped.

-- 
Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list