gv-3.6.1 erroneously displays text: doubling its vertical and halving its horizontal dimensions

Dan Tsafrir dan.tsafrir@gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:30:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

When I open a postscript document (any document) with 'gv', the text
in the document appears doubled in height and halved in width, making
the document virtually unreadable.

Even when I just invoke 'gv' (without opening any document), the empty
window that opens is very long and narrow, with double the height and
half the width of the norm.

I have reinstalled gv, as well as all the ghostscript components,
restarted X, rebooted, and nothing helped. I could also find no clue
as to why this happens in /tmp/XWin.log

Attached is the output of cygcheck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,