1.7.0 CVS getenv strangeness

Brian Ford Brian.Ford@FlightSafety.com
Fri Jan 19 17:08:00 GMT 2007

In trying to test Corinna's new fstat mmap optimization, I've run into the
following recently introduced strangeness.  I've done a clean build and a
reboot just in case.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 PC1163-8460-XP 1.7.0(0.161/4/2) 2007-01-18 19:00 i686
unknown unknown Cygwin

$ unset TESTENV

$ ./getenvtest
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!

$ export TESTENV="this is a test"

$ ./getenvtest
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!
TESTENV not defined!

Huh?  And, why the multiple outputs?

Also, I've noticed my sshd service running under this version gets the
following errors when starting:

$ tail /var/log/sshd.log
      6 [main] sshd 4060 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  33413 [main] sshd 4060 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to sshd.exe.stackdump

I've got to get back to real work for a while, so it will be a while until
I can look into this further.  But, both problems are very recent
regressions.  (Confused as I haven't seen any obviously suspect changes in
the ChangeLogs)

--
Brian Ford
Lead Realtime Software Engineer