find / finds /proc: rather annoying

fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 25 13:39:00 GMT 2007

I either missed or was too stupid to understand the response, if there
was one, to an earlier anguished query: is it possible to qualify the
command
	find /
with a switch so that /proc is not found? If so can you tell me how? I
feel sure that as recently as half a year ago or so, all this command
did was identify all "real" files and folders under /, which is all I
need to know. I don't doubt that there are excellent reasons for
augmenting the results with /proc, but I really need to mimic the
earlier behaviour if I can ...
Thank you.
Fergus