hacked package on server

Pedro Alves pedro_alves@portugalmail.pt
Tue Jul 17 02:22:00 GMT 2007

Carlo Florendo wrote:

>> The switch from:
>>
>> "do you want to format your drive?:
>>
>> +-----+  +-----+
>> + yes +  + no  +
>> +-----+  +-----+
>>
>> to:
>>
>> "do you want to format your drive?:
>>
>> +--------+  +---------+
>> + format +  + cancel  +

It seems that there are people that like to bash everyone.  I don't
care a bit about this message box.  I read my dialogs, thank you.
Modern GUIs are changing to use verbs/actions in dialogs, instead
of the simple yes/no, that forces the reader to do an indirection.
Unfortunately, the Windows doesn't provide an easy facility (read
1 line of code) to do it, so most Windows apps don't.  Take a look
at kde, or gnome, and you'll see it everywhere.

Heck, it's even in the some UIG.  Shocking!
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/design/ui/summary.html

'Dialogues that ask questions should not use Yes/No; this forces
the user to tke an extra mental step such as "Am I saying Yes
to deleting this file, or am I saying yes to keeping this file?"'

Again, I don't care a bit about this use case.  I've spent
more time replying to this thread then I initially
thought I would.

So, ta da!

Pedro Alves