Problems with cygwin bash shell under NT Emacs

rolf rff.news@gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:32:00 GMT 2008

René wrote:

>> I'm running a native win32 version emacs.
> [snip]
>
> Then, why do you ask here?
Couldn't it be, that the Cygwin port of python has something to do
with it?

> You should ask the NTEmacs list, tell them
> about your TERM and TERMCAP environment strings, those look like the
> real cause of the problem.
Thanks for the hint, I'll dig into TERM and TERMCAP

And, it seems I can't find a NTEmacs list alive. Is there one?

> Cygwin has emacs and XEmacs, both work fine.
I don't remember why, but my Emacs life started with NTEmacs and I
haven't bothered to change that. Maybe now is a good time....

--
Rolf