Using Readfile to get serial port data with Cygwin...
skaught
schaught@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 17:40:00 GMT 2008
I'm trying to pull data from the serial port using a C++ program in Cygwin,
but can't find the answers on how the data comes through. My programming is
a bit rusty, so please go easy on me... :)
I have a device that puts out a constant stream of data to the serial port
and I always want to access the latest byte of data. I don't want any of
the data to be stored in a buffer, I always want to read the current byte
being transmitted. I found some code online that pulls in the data from the
serial port with readfile, but I'm not sure if readfile pulls in the data
the way that I want. Does anyone know if readfile always pulls the latest
byte when accessing the serial port or if there is a buffer of some sort?
Thanks!
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Using-Readfile-to-get-serial-port-data-with-Cygwin...-tp18573752p18573752.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list