[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pkg-config-0.23a-1

Damon Register damon.w.register@lmco.com
Fri May 9 13:45:00 GMT 2008

cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm wrote:
> The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed
> libraries in the system, including the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and other
> information necessary to compile and link against one or more libraries.
>
> post 0.23 release:
is this the one called 0.23a-1 in the subject?

> pkg-config 0.23
this is just plain 0.23?

>  - Other minor fixes, including a segfault.
Has anyone successfully used 0.23a-1?  I just updated my Cygwin
installation this morning and I see the pkg-config version I got is
this new 0.23a-1.  I have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH set and echo shows it

$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/c/cygwin/lib/pkgconfig

When I try to do a simple test, pkg-config segfaults

$ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
   16255 [main] pkg-config 4324 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping s
tate (probably corrupted stack)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I went to another computer where I also have Cygwin setup.  I tried the same
test and got an error saying that atk wasn't found in the pkg-config path.
I realized I didn't install atk on that machine so I installed it.  I tried
the test again and now this one segfaults on $ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
just like the first one.  Any suggestions?

Damon Register