Feature request: rm to recycle bin

Stephen Kennedy steve@sdkennedy.com
Sat May 10 12:32:00 GMT 2008

I've searched the mailing list so believe this isn't a FAQ; apologies if
it is.

There have been several threads on the mailing list about replicating
Windows' recycle bin functionality using aliases or shell functions,
none of which are really satisfactory. However, in this thread
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00327.html it was discussed
that 'rm' has been patched to send deleted files to the recycle bin in
certain limited circumstances.

Given that the code for sending to recycyle bin is already in place, may
I request that a command line option be added to rm and rmdir to send
all files to the bin? This would be extremely handy for use in scripts,
to me at the very least.

While I'm here please let me thank you very much for providing such an
*awesome* set of tools.

Steve