cygwin & autotools - readline not found

Liam Staskawicz liam@makingthings.com
Tue May 13 20:53:00 GMT 2008

Hi - I'm trying to build an autotools-based package and can never get
past the ./configure stage, as readline is not found.  It fails, saying
"checking for readline in -lreadline... no"
" configure: error: readline not found"

A cygcheck -c shows that I have libreadline4, 5, and 6 all installed OK
and I can indeed see them in the /lib directory within my cygwin
install.  I have not been able to successfully find any info about this
in the mailing list archives or via google.  Any tips would be GREATLY
appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Liam