cscope on cygwin

Barladeanu Eva-BEB047 evab@motorola.com
Wed May 14 12:19:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am a newcomer to cygwin.
I installed "mlcscope-14.1.8-2" on an XP service pack 2 machine.
I built the cscope.out data base and I can run searches on the data
base.
I defined the "EDITOR" variable as follows:

             EDITOR="/cygdrive/d/Profiles/myaccount/cs_editor.cmd"

             Where the "cs_editor.cmd" files contains:

             textpad %2 &

Trying to open a file of the search result, textpad opens the file.

The problem is that while textpad is open I have no access to cscope and
can not open more
files or run subsequent searches.
This behavior is like in UNIX when I open the text editor in foreground.

Can I run somehow the textpad in background?

Thank you,

Eva Barladeanu

Motorola