Cygwin = cross platform (one way)?

Thu May 15 22:14:00 GMT 2008

Longyu Mei wrote:
> I don't know if this question should be asked here or
> not.
>
> I have a small socket server application running on
> Linux. It uses Unix socket libraries and also do some
> file operations. I am wondering if I can compile it
> with Cygwin without any changes on my code?
>
> If yes, that means Cygwin is kind of tool to make an
> application being cross platform from Linux to
> Windows? So it cam replace ACE and Boost for those
> start from Linux?
>
> Please just send your comments to me if any if this
> question should not be posted here.

It's fair to ask this question here but it is frowned
upon to do so by replying to a message in another thread
and changing the subject.  Please don't do this.

I think the answer to your general inquiry is:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.what>

Whether Cygwin makes your particular port possible without
any code changes is something you'll need to determine
for yourself though.

Holliston, MA 01746