Make program find its dll:s

Eric Lilja mindcooler@gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:54:00 GMT 2008


Markus Hoenicka wrote:
> 
> Although this is nothing specific to Cygwin: If you want to make the 
> variable value available to processes which are executed subsequently, 
> you need to export the variable, not just set it, as in:
> 
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/dll-files
> 
> Alternatively, set the variable in the command line like this:
> 
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/dll-files foo
> 
> assuming that "foo" is the command to start the app which requires the dll.
> 
> regards,
> Markus
> 

Thanks Markus, this was very useful information which I will benefit 
from from now on! Unfortunately, it didn't actually help the process to 
find the DLL files but doing:
$ PATH=$PATH:/path/to/myDLLS foo
does work. I guess LD_LIBRARY_PATH cannot be used for what I was trying 
to do. Oh, btw, to those who mail me copies of mails sent to the list. 
It's not necessary, I'm interacting with the list through gmane, set-up 
as a newsgroup under my email-client. :)

- Eric


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list