--acls trouble on NTFS source & destination

Richard Ivarson RiIvarson@gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:36:00 GMT 2008


Hi again,

I also use rsync to sync data between a Windows NTFS formatted drive and a
NTFS formated USB memory stick on the same machine.
Basically this works (highly similar to for example a rsync between Windows
and Unix).

BUT... I never ever get the correct permissions on files and folders on the
destination. I tried --permission, -owner, -group, etc. but it never works in
a way that the destination is a mirror of the source.

Now with the very newest Cygwin rsync version there's finally a port of the
GNU rsync's --acls parameter. It reads like it would do exactly what many 
need, but again I don't get it right.....

How do you get the access rights on the (NTFS) destination to be the same as 
the (NTFS) source ones?

-Richard


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list