ftp from Win98 in command-only mode?
Larry Hall (Cygwin)
reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com
Mon Sep 28 19:17:00 GMT 2009
On 09/28/2009 03:11 PM, Steve Kleene wrote:
> I need an ftp client that runs on an Intel x86 machine running Win98 SE that
> has been booted into mode 5 ("Command prompt only"). Can cygwin provide
> this?
>
> This is on a lab data-acquisition machine with old D-to-A hardware and
> software that will only run from Win98 booted into command-prompt mode.
> Upgrading would be too expensive. At the end of every day, I need to back up
> the data. I can do it now if I boot full Win98. Since that's pretty slow,
> I'd rather just ftp from the Win98 command line. It's possible that our IT
> guy is capable of setting up an ssh/scp server that I could access.
I expect that the FTP client that comes with the "inetutils" package from Cygwin
(1.5 for O/Ss < NT 4.0) would work for you. But correct me if I'm wrong,
doesn't
Win98 have it's own command-line FTP client. It's been so long since I had
to do
anything with Win98....
--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
_____________________________________________________________________
A: Yes.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list