git-svn hang starting with 20110721 snapshot.

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Aug 3 20:43:00 GMT 2011

On 8/3/2011 1:32 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 8/3/2011 1:19 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Other than that I don't have an answer for you.  There's only
>> so much you can do within the 32 bit address space.  That's only one
>> reason why a 64 bit Cygwin would be a good idea.
>
> What was the motivation for putting the heap and mmaps above 0x80000000?
> Was there not enough space for them below? Would there be enough space
> below if all the DLLs were above?

Rereading this, I realized it sounds a little snotty. I'm not trying to
second guess your decision; I was just curious. Feel free to ignore the
question. :)

Warning: Listening to WXRT on April Fools' Day is not recommended for
those who are slightly disoriented the first few hours after waking up.
                -- Chicago Reader 4/22/83