36 seconds to do /usr/bin/ls, mkdir and other commands

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:42:00 GMT 2011


On 16/09/2011 7.46, J.V. wrote:
> I install the latest cygwin on Windows XP Pro x32 on a VM under the
> latest version of VirtualBox.
>
> When I do anything it takes a long time.
>
> If I do an $ls in a directory it takes 36 seconds or more.
>
> Many other commands take just as long like $mkdir etc.
>
> What is causing this, and how do I fix it?
>
> The host machine is a quad core with 8GB ram, only one VM running at a
> time (1GB & 16GB disk with plenty of space).
>
> Everything else is super zippy except for cygwin.
>
>
> J.V.
>
> --

start from here:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

also if bash-completion is installed try removing it

Regards
Marco



--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list