Ctrl+C not working with windows programs in Cygwin 1.7.16

Tue Aug 7 11:00:00 GMT 2012

On Aug  7 12:06, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 8/7/2012 10:20 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> >Greetings, marco atzeri!
> >
> >>a "windows console terminal" is cmd.exe, IMHO.
> >
> >No.
> >
> >>There are no other console in windows as standard installation.
> >
> >You're confusing terminal with shell.
> >CMD.EXE is a shell, same as BASH.
> >Console is a ... well, console.
> >

> >--
> >WBR,
> >Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 07.08.2012, <12:19>
> >
> >Sorry for my terrible english...
> >

> I guess Corinna already explained that, and I have no objections.
>
> But I still need to see a practical example of
> running a M$ program like ping and stopping it with Ctrl+C
> without CMD (or another shell).

Why don't you just try it?  On W7:

Start Menu -> Run... -> Enter "ping -t cygwin.com" -> Start Task Manager
-> Observe the absence of cmd.exe but the presence of conhost.exe ->
Press Ctrl-C in the ping console window.

Corinna

Red Hat