Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun Feb 5 09:59:00 GMT 2012

Robert Miles writes:
> How do you switch to the new startup.exe?  Every time I try to use the
> Cygwin startup.exe, it tells me it has found a new file that might not
> be compatible with the startup.exe I'm using, but does not give enough
> useful information on how to switch to a newer version.

You've gone off-subject but here's a quick answer.  It's setup.exe not
startup.exe.  You can pick up the most current one at the same place you likely
picked up the original, on the Cygwin home page <http://cygwin.com/> .

Look on that page for a link to setup.exe .  Click that link.  That'll pull the
current setup.exe onto your machine.  Put it in the same location you put the
original setup.exe.  Now when you click on the Cygwin Setup icon on your
desktop, assuming you've got that icon, you'll be running the most current
setup.exe.  Piece of cake.
HTH,

..mark

--
Denied.  Denied like a Bank of Ponzi credit card.  -- "Get Fuzzy"