gnome and hicolor exit code 127 for /usr/bin .vs. /bin

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:00:00 GMT 2012

On 10/6/2012 6:27 PM, Charles wrote:

Charles,

first: do not TOP post
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

it is really annoying.

> Marco,
>
> I'm not trying to hijack the thread, Please read Brian's October 5, 2012
> message. Half way through he raises the corrupt perl man pages issue -
> only it occured at the GA Tech site.

if you prefer, you drifted to an unrelated issue:
"corrupt perl man" has no relevance with
"gnome and hicolor exit code 127"

in the first case the package file is damaged, in the second case
the setup post-installation script is not working as expected.

> In my original message I requested that it be redirected or that someone
> tell me the proper procedure.
>
> I wasn't sure it there may have been a problem that went beyond VA
> Tech's site.
>
> Also, I checked the Cygwin "Reporting Problems" web site and found no
> mention about contacting mirror site maintainers. Rather the
> instructions state "If you can't determine if you've discovered a bug .
> . . send a detailed description . . . to the appropriate mailoing list."
>
> Perhaps the "Reporting Problems" needs to be more clear on this.
>
> Charlie

More or less this should belong to the Internet FAQ.

Mirror (for most software) are provided by third party not related
to original developers. They usually mirrors a lot of different
software and the content is not controlled by the original site.

On the page
http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/

you will find their contact information, and also the note :
"We have begun mirroring the Cygwin Project"

So it is likely they have some initial glitch.

Regards
Marco