Binutils 2.23.51 compilation problem

Mon Dec 2 09:59:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-11-29 09:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 29 23:40, Frew Cen wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile and install binutils+GCC for my machine.
>> I have compiled lastest binutils sources without getting any error, but
>> installation seems to have some problems with gas documentation.
>>
>> The output of the installation is very large and some of the warnings
>> are repeating (they just occur on different lines). It looks like the
>> problem is caused by 'as.info' file, and I guess I'm using old version
>> of some tool for '.texi' files.
>
> Looks like a bug in the docs.  You should report this problem to
> the public binutils mailing list <binutils AT sourceware DOT org>.

No need; AFAICS this has already been fixed upstream in the 2.24
snapshots[1].  If you need to build 2.23.x or earlier, you will need
some or all of these patches:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.2-bfd-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.2-ld-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.52.0.1-as-doc-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20