R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: octave-3.4.0.exe: error while loading shared libraries

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 13:28:00 GMT 2013

Il 7/4/2013 3:11 PM, gennari.federico@tiscali.it ha scritto:
> Nope, the command gives an error:
>
> gennarif@NIDORAN /usr/bin
> $
> strace -o /tmp/octave.strace octave-3.6.4.exe
> /usr/bin/strace.exe:
> error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>

> And a Windows message box ops up
> saying that program cannot be started because cyghdf5-7.dll is missing.
> Trying to re-install is not solving the problem.

I was looking for that pop up ;-)

cyghdf5-7.dll is part of libhdf5_7 package

Could you install it ?

libhdf5_7 is missing from your cygcheck.out but it is on the octave
setup require list, so I do not know why it is missing from your
installation

> If I was not such a
> newbie maybe I would have found a solution, but right now I still need
> some help.
>
> Warm regards,
>

> Federico

Regards