OpenSSL as Base package

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Dec 16 17:50:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > The only trouble I see with this is currently Cygwin OpenSSL has Perl
>> > dependency.
>>
>> That's likely a bug.

> The openssl package comes with two perl scripts. The dependency
> gets added automatically.

That's a reoccurring issue with dependency walker. Perhaps, we need a way to
tell it to not include specific packages as a dependency, if we know it would
be a mistake to do so? Rather than manually fix it again, and again, and...
These Perl scripts are nonessential for OpenSSL functionality, and not
required to be used, unless you have very specific needs.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...