Updated Cygwin yesterday, makewhatis is not present on my system

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Jul 2 12:50:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Chris J. Breisch!

>> Ok, I think I have figured it out.  Will the now unnecessary files
>> created by "makewhatis" be purged or overwritten by mandb?

> Oh, that's a good question about the unnecessary files. I should add
> that cleanup to the install scripts, since it obsoletes man.

Actually, I think it should be added to man obsoleting package, rather than to
an install script of some unrelated package. Even if that package is, in fact,
supercede the first one.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...