Re: gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Thu Mar 20 22:31:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, - -!

> I use PyCharm for Python programming and installing packages. PyCharm uses
> the pip command to install any package. I recently needed to install a
> package that needs to be build. I learned that I needed to install cygwin in
> that case.

Not only Cygwin, then, but also Python provided by Cygwin.

> Here is the deal:
> I try to install a package that needs to be build
> and end up with this error message (64 and 32 bit)
> ---
> D:\Programme\cygwin64\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
>     gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

That's a LONG time ago abandoned option. Years long.

> ---
> D:\Programme\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
>     gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

> Please help, Google returns nothing regarding that error! I feel like I am
> the only person in the world with that error :(

That's quite possible. Because, see above.
If you have a Linux guide to compile the extension, try following that one.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...