Clean up /tmp on system reboot [was: Xorg server always starting up on DISPLAY 3.0]

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Apr 9 23:15:00 GMT 2015

On 4/9/2015 3:22 PM, Mark Hansen wrote:

>> Or use cron...
>
> How can cron help? You don't want to delete these files while some
> process may be
> using them (note: I didn't say while the process has the file open - it
> may not be
> open to be valuable). You really need this clean-up done when the
> machine boots up
> because you know at that point, all the processes that were using those
> files are
> gone.

Somebody hasn't read man 5 crontab, which states:

These special  time  specification  "nicknames"  are  supported,  which
        replace the 5 initial time and date fields, and are prefixed by
the '@'
        character:
        @reboot    :    Run once, at startup.
        @yearly    :    Run once a year, ie.  "0 0 1 1 *".