'list-packages function in Emacs 24.5.2 causes core dump

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Dec 3 13:16:00 GMT 2015

On 12/3/2015 4:35 AM, Matthew Eichler wrote:
> I'm getting a core dump from the latest Emacs 24.5.2 when I run the
> 'list-packages function (package manager for sites like ELPA and MELPA
> http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_package_system.html)

It works fine for me.  Please give a complete recipe for reproducing the
problem, starting from 'emacs -Q'.  And please send cygcheck output as
requested at http://cygwin.com/problems.html:

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
*attachment* in your report.  Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output.  Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed."

Ken