[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 08:45:00 GMT 2017

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:54:59, Eric Blake wrote:
> > LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH DIAERESIS' (U+00F6):
> >=20
> >    $ chcp.com 65001
> >    Active code page: 65001
> >=20
> > - Alt 148 outputs nothing
> > - Alt 0246 outputs nothing
>
> But that's true even in a bare cmd window. So it's hard to say what it
> is SUPPOSED to do.  I'm trying to debug bash, not cmd's alt- behavior.

I thought you were gaslighting me for a second, but upon testing this with a
pristine virtual machine, I see you are right.

The reason is that a new Windows install (and probably your environment) has
"Raster Fonts" set under "Defaults > Font > Font". Changing this to "Consolas"
or "Lucida Console" will allow proper behavior under 65001.