Latest Cygwin update and Emacs in Mintty

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Jun 17 21:04:00 GMT 2017

Ken Brown writes:
> OK, so it's not a Cygwin issue.  And I just learned about M-x
> list-colors-display.  If you try this in emacs-nox in Mintty with
> TERM=xterm-256color, you'll see that white is #e5e5e5 and brightwhite
> is #ffffff.  So I guess there's no bug here, just a surprising
> definition of "white".

Yes.  I'll have to figure out just why it tries to set the background to
the named color "white" on startup, then.  That must have got saved as
an option somewhere, maybe I can still find an old enough backup to
compare the startup files to.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: