octave says WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 06:53:00 GMT 2018

On 26/06/2018 20:27, William Mitchell wrote:
> When I run octave on a fresh installation of cygwin64 on a Windows 7
> machine, I get the error:
>
> libGL error: required WGL extension WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

This error is coming from the WGL direct renderer built into libGL on
Cygwin, and is telling you that this extension not provided by the
Windows display driver you are using.  (This is unusual)

It's nothing to do with GLEW or any other cygwin libraries.

Possible solutions:

Install/upgrade the display driver

Use software rendering by setting the LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE environment
variable

(See also https://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-glx.html)

--
Jon Turney