Request new Ruby release

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:27:00 GMT 2018

On 5/5/2018 2:56 AM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2018 15:16:49, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> I do not see you doing any package activity release, so you should
>> refrain to
>> comment on how we (package maintainers) use our own spare time for this
>> project.
>
> such comments are perfectly acceptable if maintainers are acting in bad
> faith
> with regard to packages. no one is perfect, certainly not myself. and if
> the
> person in question is a maintainer of an important package, for example
> GCC or
> Ruby, it is not acceptable for them to let a year or 2 go by without an
> update.

I am still waiting that you show your code.
Jon Yong is doing an hell of job taming a monster program,
and your comments are NOT appropriated.

> if they are worried about bugs, cygwin has a system in place for many
> years now
> to deal with that. you make a package "[test]", so that people can test
> it. if
> a maintainer cannot faithfully keep up with a package at least once a year,
> that person should step aside as im sure other would be willing (myself
> included) to take up maintainership of said packages.

I do not see a huge queue of volunteers, and I do not see your
maintaining efforts.

>> Please note that sometime, things are broken upstream
>> and it takes time and it could require not available capability to
>> solve the issues.
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2018-03/msg00014.html
>
> sorry, did you really just invoke fortran as a serious argument? fortran is
> arguably the oldest programming language still in use, if you can even
> call it

This only show how ignorant you are about programming language and
their usage. Clearly you are not an engineer.

Marco