Cygwin/X: KDE Desktop

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten@gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:57:10 GMT 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the effort.

Now that you mentioned that, I seem to be having similar behavior as you:
Xfce start every time I try it. But now that I tried it some more, LXDE is
not consistent for me either. Sometimes I get a black screen, sometimes a
black screen and the right-click-on-background-menu, and sometimes a normal
working LXDE environment. The first time I try to start LXDE after a reboot
of my PC seems to work always, and after that I get mostly the black screen
without pop-up menu. The only thing I seem to be able to reproduce reliably
with LXDE is the first try after reboot.

Also, after I have to exit from the 'black screen', I get some remaining
'bash.exe' processes left in MS-Windows task manager (regardless of what
desktop environment/desktop manager I tried to start). Sometimes it seems
to help if I kill these off before I retry to start LXDE, and sometimes not.

Thanks again,

- Maarten