sshd broken by seemingly trivial network change

Charles Russell worsafe@bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 17 20:51:34 GMT 2020

On 12/17/2020 11:49 AM, Bill Stewart wrote:

 > Make sure to look carefully through all of the firewall rules and
 > check whether there is a rule blocking that executable or port.

Selecting "Advanced Settings" and then "incoming rules", I see one rule
for sshd private: enabled, allowed and one rule for sshd public:
enabled, allowed. There is a third rule for sshd domain: (disabled,
allowed). I believe that one is irrelevant but I enabled it anyway,
which did not help.

Is there someplace else I should look? This is Windows 7 Home Premium.