sshd broken by seemingly trivial network change

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Thu Dec 17 21:23:15 GMT 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:51 PM Charles Russell wrote:

> Selecting "Advanced Settings" and then "incoming rules", I see one rule
> for sshd private: enabled, allowed and one rule for sshd public:
> enabled, allowed. There is a third rule for sshd domain: (disabled,
> allowed). I believe that one is irrelevant but I enabled it anyway,
> which did not help.
>
> Is there someplace else I should look? This is Windows 7 Home Premium.

If it works when you disable the firewall, then (to state the obvious,
sorry) there is a rule in the firewall that is blocking the traffic.

I would suggest to examine all of the rules carefully. I say this
because it is happened to me before, and I could have sworn that I
looked at all of the rules.

BIll