missing Python 3.7 for python3 package version

Allen Hewes allen@decisiv.com
Mon Jul 27 16:02:17 GMT 2020

> Question: any reason to not use python 3.8 ?

For me, it's because when you moved to 3.8 from 3.6, a "core" (popular?) number of python38-* packages weren't moved to 3.8 either. I didn't want 3 Pythons installed b/c of the move to 3.8. And I didn't want to add to the packages (the handful of python37-* I use) I build/maintain myself for my Cygwin installs.

Currently, I have to change Setup for those Python packages for 3.8 I don't want upgraded/installed. It's an annoyance but it is what it is.

Why can't Cygwin pick one Python horse and ride it now that Python 2.7 is gone?

/allen

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.