Objects in ACL cygwin win 10

Fri Oct 23 21:30:25 GMT 2020

On 2020-10-23 14:02, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
> I have : group everyone and my user sid as my ACLs with their permissions
> in cygwin.  I use chmod to set permissions and dont use fstab.
>
> Can someone please check by right clicking properties security tab in win
> 10 and verify that is all I need?
>
> I'm not using any domains.
>
> I'm not sure if I need system object that is used for OS things. I dont
> think so but am not sure.

Not sure what you are asking about, but if you run

	$ ls -dl dir; getfacl dir; icacls dir
	$ ls -dl dir/file; getfacl dir/file; icacls dir/file

you can see how POSIX perms get translated into POSIX ACLs and implemented as
Windows ACLs.

If anything appears complex or inconsistent, try running setfacl -b on dirs or
files then reapply chmod perms and recheck with the above.