problem using gcc-core for compile qemu

juan carlos rebate rodriguez nerus492@gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 20:54:11 GMT 2021

El vie, 08-01-2021 a las 08:42 +0000, Arthur Norman escribió:
> > I can't use virtualbx because what I need is to emulate
> > the aarch64 architecture, I don't want to use binaries compiled by
> > others, one of the reasons is that those binaries don't include sd-
> card
> > emulation support...
> This is perhaps an off-topic response as regards compiling things on
> cygwin, but some while back I found a range of sets of instructions
> for
> setting up aarch64 emulation in qemu. When I had any issues running
> on
> Windows I just used virtualbox to give myself an x86_64 Linux world
> and
> installed qemu there. And after a while I could buy a Raspberry pi
> with a
> 64-bit cpu and use that, so these days working with aarch64 (and an
> SD
> card) works best for me on an rpi4 not via emulation. But to find
> people
> who have worked on adapting and setting up qemu to support aarch64
> with an
> SD card you might find it useful to follow the footsteps of those who
> were
> working towards rpi 64-bit support?
> And I like and use cygwin for most of what I do, but when something I
> want
> to do is better supported by Linux then setting up an Ubuntu via
> virtualbox uses some disc space but does not add much overhead on my
> main W10 machine and lets me build, test and debug there because
> following a path that is already well trodden is often easiest!
> Arthur

I think I expressed myself incorrectly or I am not able to be
understood, no matter what package I choose. gcc-core does not compile
using the cygwin dll, the one that compiles for that library is cygwin-
gcc.
now I will try to explain my case better,
1 when I use the gcc-core package if it is able to detect the whole
set, the only thing that happens is that the script does not recognize
cygwin nt as a valid operating system.
2 when I use the mingw64-x86_64-gcc package it is not able to compile
without add-ons.
for example when I compile with gcc-core if it is able to detect the
libcaca-devel library, this is the library that qemu asks me for sd-
card support,
However, when I use the package mingw64-x86_64-gcc it is not able to
find it in the system because it is not in its set, for this it is
mandatory to use the gcc-core package (not cygwin-gcc), I do not want
to use linux, I want to keep him as far away from my team as possible,
just because I work for him doesn't mean I want him