X intermittent crashes with SIGSEGV when resizing windows

Henry Gebhardt hsggebhardt@gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:23:35 GMT 2021

Dear list,

Cygwin/X crashes every few weeks for me (less if gdb is attached). I
(finally) managed to obtain a backtrace from the last crash:

    Thread 1 received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread 13992.0x410c]
    miHandleValidateExposures (pWin=0x8001502e0) at
../mi/miwindow.c:221
    221                 if (RegionNotEmpty(&val->after.borderExposed))

The "bt full" output is attached. Also, "thread apply all bt" and the
server log are attached.

I have not, yet, managed to pin down the exact trigger for the crash,
although it is always related to resizing a window to full screen. That
is, I grab the window with the mouse and move it to the top of the
screen, which automatically makes it full screen. Since I don't want it
to go full screen, I immediately double-click the title.

I am running two graphical programs under Windows 10 WSL2 Ubuntu-20.04:
tilix and evince. I export "DISPLAY=:0" .

Thank you for any help!

Best,
Henry