switching to any other than English keyboard layout is not handled correctly anymore on the prompt at minimum

Ariel Burbaickij ariel.burbaickij@gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 21:12:36 GMT 2021

I used mintty -- default in cygwin installation as I understand.
I switch layouts by switching keyboard mappings, mappings are customized
from the standard ones to what is called "phonetic" for non-Latin alphabets
but this is handled just fine everywhere outside Cygwin.
I will be guessing here what you request from me but I attempted to type in
UTF-8  август,  basically Russian in  all small letters for August as a
more or less random but valid example. FIlename I was looking for contains
this string and filename is presented correctly as all others are with ls
but I cannot type this string in cygwin's prompt.

I hope we are coming closer to the cause here.

Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij