cygport build injecting /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/ paths

Sun Nov 14 13:49:27 GMT 2021

On 2021-11-14 05:48, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> Got these errors trying to build latest ncurses on my system, so
>> retried on scallywag and got same result, with no clue where that is
>> coming from!

> Unless there is absolutely no other way and you know exactly what you're
> doing, never skip the cygautoreconf in src_compile.

I always try to use the default src_compile autotools.cygclass function
where possible to ensure that is the case.
Various GNU tool builds have that commented out by their previous
experienced maintainers, so I tread carefully.
I do try to re-add the cygautoreconf function and comment out the
src_compile function override where possible even in those cases.
I leave the commented out version in place to document the possibility
that re-trying a build without cygautoreconf may fix issues.

In this case, all such alternatives (cygautoreconf, libtoolize, lndirs)
tried either had no effect or broke the builds, which as I said, seem to
have all the autoconf and automake files pre-generated, so that cygconf
and cygmake should work, given a functional libtool.

I have also tried to rebuild libtool from sources to pick up updates,
but that cygport build no longer even generates a Makefile!
However I notice that the tar contains a slew of .file temporaries that
may be messing up that build.