cygport build injecting /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/ paths

Sun Nov 14 22:07:45 GMT 2021

On 2021-11-14 06:49, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-11-14 05:48, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Brian Inglis writes:
>>> Got these errors trying to build latest ncurses on my system, so
>>> retried on scallywag and got same result, with no clue where that is
>>> coming from!
>
>> Unless there is absolutely no other way and you know exactly what you're
>> doing, never skip the cygautoreconf in src_compile.
>
> I always try to use the default src_compile autotools.cygclass function
> where possible to ensure that is the case.
> Various GNU tool builds have that commented out by their previous
> experienced maintainers, so I tread carefully.
> I do try to re-add the cygautoreconf function and comment out the
> src_compile function override where possible even in those cases.
> I leave the commented out version in place to document the possibility
> that re-trying a build without cygautoreconf may fix issues.
>
> In this case, all such alternatives (cygautoreconf, libtoolize, lndirs)
> tried either had no effect or broke the builds, which as I said, seem to
> have all the autoconf and automake files pre-generated, so that cygconf
> and cygmake should work, given a functional libtool.
>
> I have also tried to rebuild libtool from sources to pick up updates,
> but that cygport build no longer even generates a Makefile!
> However I notice that the tar contains a slew of .file temporaries that
> may be messing up that build.

Only approach that worked was to write a script to update
/usr/bin/libtool to latest /usr/lib/gcc/$HOSTTYPE-*-$OSTYPE/[0-9]* path,
add to SRC_URI, and run at the start of src_compile:

https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/ncurses.git;a=tree;hb=playground

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=3533&srcpkg=ncurses&status=succeeded&user=Brian+Inglis

https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/actions/runs/1459727318

https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/suites/4351117248/logs?attempt=1

I will make this an ITA to update ncurses if there are no better
alternatives suggested to the unconventional approach.
I will then look at how to build the mingw64-*86*-ncurses versions and
ITA those.